UNI Global Union is the voice of 20 million service sector workers around the world. Through its affiliated trade unions, UNI represents workers in 150 countries and in every region of the world. Our Head Office is based in Nyon, Switzerland, with nearly 60 staff.
The UNI ICTS sector has an ambitious program to grow unions, improve working conditions and to build union strength within the sector, with a focus on major telecommunications corporations, contact centre employers, technology, and video game companies.
UNI ICTS has developed a strategic action plan which unites and aligns the efforts in all UNI regions and enables coordinated and integrated action. UNI ICTS is seeking for a Coordinator-Senior Coordinator/Organiser–Senior Organiser.
She/He will have a key role in implementing all aspects of this programme, under the direction of the Head of Department, with a focus on winning organising campaigns.
She/He will have the following responsibilities:
- Implementing the UNI ICTS strategic plan. Developing and implementing plans to assist affiliates in their organising efforts
- Developing and managing global campaigns, together with affiliates, to win organising rights for workers at key multinational and regional ICTS companies
- Exploring best practices and initiatives in union organising in the ICTS sector.
- Developing and implementing the UNI ICTS strategic plan for contact centres.
- Coordinating UNI’s work in key multinational companies in the telecommunications industry.
- Developing and delivering organising training programmes
- Implementing the decisions of UNI ICTS meetings and conferences at company, regional & global levels.
- Monitoring developments relevant to the sector, including activities of affiliates.
- Communications including writing of web articles, organising materials and further developing the use of social media and communications tools in the ICTS sector.
The successful candidate will have the fowollwing skills:
- A strong personal commitment to the goals of UNI ICTS & UNI Global Union, and significant practical union experience.
- Experience as an organiser or lead organiser at a national union, global union or other relevant organisation.
- International trade union experience and/or working as an organiser in multiple countries would be an advantage.
- Strong communication, writing and social media skills.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is essential. Knowledge of any other languages is an advantage.
- Experience in leading organising and employer focused campaigns at a national or global union levelThe ability to work well with affiliates and with the Head Office and Regional staff.
- The ability to engage in responsible financial oversight and respect budgets.
- The ability to adapt to irregular and unusual hours and strenuous travel commitments.
- The successful candidate will be expected to relocate to the Head Office region near Geneva (Switzerland).
We thank you to send your application in English to Céline Tremblet, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com no later than , June 20th 2021 and include: